To the One Who Never Knew ✉️๐ฅ
You never knew what you were to me.
To the world, you were ordinary, just a person who was nice to everyone. But to me, you were the one place where I could exist without pretending.
You never asked me to become someone else. You accepted every version of me: the quiet one, the excited one, the curious one, the one who laughed too much, the one who talked to myself, the one who got mad too often but still forgot it after five minutes because I've got the memory of a goldfish, and the one who carried storms behind a smile.
That's why I never imagined losing you, thinking that you would always be mine forever.
I keep replaying every conversation in my head, wondering if I said something I shouldn't have, if I stayed too long, spoke too much, misunderstood something, or simply failed to notice the moment everything began to change.
The cruelest part isn't the goodbye. It's not knowing where I lost you.
If I disappointed you, I wish I had known sooner. If I unknowingly crossed a line, I wish you had told me. If I became a stranger in your eyes, I wish I knew when it happened.
I thought you would tell me everything, considering how I shared everything about myself with you. Because I would have tried, not to hold on to you, but to protect what you meant to me. Someone far more important to me than you probably ever realized.
Some losses arrive with arguments. Some arrive with tears. And some arrive quietly, disguised as change, leaving you to wonder if you only imagined being important in the first place.
Perhaps that's the nature of life.
Not everything we cherish is meant to stay forever. Some people walk beside us only long enough to change us. Some places become home only to teach us how to let go. Some chapters end not because they lacked meaning, but because they had already fulfilled their purpose.
Maybe permanence was never the purpose.
The purpose of it was transformation.
So, if life ever takes away something you thought would last forever, don't spend all your days asking, "Why did it end?" Ask instead, "Who did it help me become?"
Because, in the end, we don't truly lose the people, places, or moments that shape us. We carry them within us long after they're gone, helping us become another version of ourselves.
Though it may seem like the darkest moment of our lives at that point in time, we never truly know what the future holds for us.
Though it hurts at first, I won't console you by saying that the hurt won't last forever or that it's just a matter of time until we forget it. Some pain stays with us. We simply learn to carry it. Slowly, we grow around it until one day it no longer hurts the way it once did.
Though you were a safe place for me, now it's time for me to let you go, my friend.
เธเธฅเธญเธเนเธ
Comments
Post a Comment